Rodent Prevention Checklist
It is that time of year again when rodents are desperate to come inside and build a nest for colder months. Prevent unwanted New York City house guests from arriving by following our Rodent Elimination and Prevention Checklist.
Prevent rodents from ever getting inside your home by walking through this checklist.
- Check for entry ways – Walk the perimeter of your building. Check drains, around doorways and windows and make a list of the areas that have potential for entry.
- Cover the holes – install door sweeps, screens on windows and drain screens.
- Look for inside entries – if you live in an apartment check your doorways, under sinks, behind appliances for openings in the walls or holes.
- Close the inside entry ways – replace sheetrock, use steel wool in areas away from heat, use a durable sealant or cement
If you have a Problem, Remove Temptation
Rodents want to feast and nest in your home so it’s important to remove all opportunities to do so. Use this list to ensure you don’t give them what they are looking for:
- Eat in the Kitchen – crumbs are likely to fall where you eat and it’s easier to clean up one area and keep it contained.
- Clean up immediately after meals and snacks – Don’t leave crumbs and food lying around to attract rodents and bugs.
- Remove dishes or standing water from the sink – rodents are attracted to water and food in the sink.
- Keep all food in airtight containers or the refrigerator – rodents can eat through cardboard and plastic packaging. Invest in containers, it’s worth it.
- Eliminate clutter – when your home is filled with clutter, it is hard to spot signs of rodents. Mice also are looking for paper and scraps of material to build their nests, remove all materials you might not need from living spaces.
Should you have a problem, for expert advice and a free evaluation call the experienced exterminators at Jove Pest Control, Inc. 844-879-5683.