Does Back to School Bring Bedbugs?
Summer has been a great time for getting out of the house, visiting friends and family, travel and exploring. Its also a great opportunity for bedbugs to hitchhike from one visitor to another. As children go back to school and co-workers return from vacation, the chances of bedbugs hitching a ride to your home increases dramatically.
With Jove’s evaluation and prevention tips, you’ll be able to ensure bedbugs don’t distract you from making this autumn as enjoyable as your summer.
To begin, take a look to see if you’ve already received these unwanted guests.
Strip each bed and thoroughly look around the mattress, especially around the edges and the bed frame. When you are not sleeping they like to hide in crevices and underneath the mattress.
- Be sure to check all upholstered furniture as well, bedbugs will live in places where people spend extended time. Couches and chairs positioned around the TV or computer are also hot spots for bedbugs.
- If you see any bugs, don’t squish them immediately, take a look at our bug finder to see if it matches the bedbug picture or send us a picture and we will help you identify it.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 1-877-879-JOVE (5683) we are happy to help.
If you are comfortable there are no bedbugs in your home, prevention is critical for this season.At Jove Pest Control, we encourage adding to your back to school check list mattress protection covers like this one.And take some important steps to continue prevention:
- If you have experienced any bites in the night but don’t see any bugs upon inspection, we can come out and do an inspection for one flat rate.
- Use all white sheets to easily identify any dark specs.
- Wash sheets weekly using a hot dryer.
- Ask guests to hang their coats on hooks near the front door.
- When traveling, never put your suitcase on or near the hotel bed.
Remember, bedbugs don’t discriminate, you haven’t done anything wrong to receive them in your home. But it is important to prevent them from spreading and causing very expensive and health harmful results. If you do find signs of bedbugs, call an exterminator right away.The spread of bedbugs has been causing great expense in homes and hotels. One report shows that on average hotels spend $6,383 per bed bug incident. Prevent your own unwanted excessive expense and call Jove Pest Control with any questions.
- When arriving home keep suitcases away from your bed and immediately place all items in the washer and dryer when returning home.